Monday, May 3, 2021

How do I renew my 5 year Professional License?

Renewing a 5 year Professional Teaching License is not difficult; however, as technology and procedures at the Ohio Department of Education evolve, it can be grueling to navigate all the changes.  

Here are a couple of things to remember when renewing your teaching license:

Requirements:   To renew a teaching license, the educator must have on file:

  • 6 graduate semester credit hours or 18 CEUs (180 contact hours).  These courses or contact hours should be approved by the LPDC committee prior to beginning the courses/hours.  It is important to submit official transcripts to the Board of Education to be placed in your official personnel file.  You can check how many contact hours you have on file by logging into the LPDC online program:  Amherst LPDC Online Program
  • Valid FBI background check - An educator's FBI background check is valid for 5 years from date of completion.  If an FBI background check is schedule to expire the same year as the educator's teaching license expires, a new FBI background check will be required.  You can check your FBI expiration date by logging into your MUNIS Self Service account and clicking on Certifications.

Other important information to note:
1.  To renew, access your OH|ID account on the ODE Website, click on Educator Licensure and Records (CORE) icon, then complete the online application from the Dashboard.  

2.  Amherst LPDC IRN# 013996 should be used for the organization's E-Signature line.

3.  Do NOT use Safari as your browser; Firefox or Chrome browsers are the most compatible with the online application.

4.  It is not necessary to upload any documentation, including transcripts, to your application.  The Amherst LPDC committee will be notified and will verify transcripts in your employee file at the Board of Education in order to approve the renewal application.

More information regarding license renewal can be found here: How to Renew a 5 year Professional License

Have more questions?  Ask me!

Thursday, June 6, 2019

How do I complete the Sudden Cardiac Arrest training for coaches?

Lindsay Davis, former Miss Ohio and heart health advocate, has promoted that coaches, parents and student athletes learn the warning signals of sudden cardiac arrest.   Lindsay's Law (Senate Bill 252) went into effect in 2017 which requires all coaches take an annual online course to review the sudden cardiac arrest video and fact sheet.

To fulfill the requirements of Lindsay's Law, all coaches must complete the course annually through the Ohio Department of Education's website.

To locate the course:

1.  Log into the OH|ID on the Ohio Department of Education website at   (The SAFE account on the ODE site is no longer active.  Please create a new account if this is your first time accessing the OH|ID site.  See blog article How do I create a new account on the OH|ID site?  to create a new account.  Your SAFE log in information will not work on the OH|ID site.

2.  Click on the Learning Management System (LMS) app

3.  Select Course Catalog from the top right corner of the LMS page.

4.  Search for Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

5.  Review the course materials and complete a short test.

6.  Download course certificate and forward to

Want more help?  

Contact me at or at 440-988-1656.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

How do I create a new account on the OH|ID site?

The Ohio Department of Education has upgraded the portal used for applying for and renewing licenses and permits.  The old SAFE account site is now inactive and the new site  OH|ID is ready to be used.  OH|ID is an easy and secure site for many different departments.

However, in order to access your license and/or permit information, you will need to create a new account on the OH|ID site.  The log-in information for the former SAFE account site will not work on this site.  Once a new account and log-in is created, you will be able to log in and apply or renew teaching licenses, educational aide permits, pupil activity permits, and more.

The Ohio Department of Education website has detailed information regarding the upgrade.  You can read more about it here:  OH|ID Portal Information.  

To create a new account:
1.  Go to the ODE website at and click on the Login Link located at the top right hand corner of the page.  (Or click HERE to go directly to the OH|ID page.)

2.  Choose:   Teacher, Superintendent, Parent or Other:


4.  Fill out the Profile Information page with your contact and demographic information.  Answer the verification question.  Read and Accept the OH|ID terms and conditions then click on NEXT.

5.  Complete the Security SetUp page.  Choose a username and password by using the guidelines listed on the page.  Make sure that you write down and save your username and password for future use. 

6.  Click the "Go to Login" button to log into the OH|ID account.

7.  Click on View all Apps, click on the Department of Education Profile Setup button.  You will need to accept the terms and conditions of the site and click on request access.

8.  Return to Applications and select Department of Education Profile Set up.  Complete any items still requested then select View Applications.  The apps for the OED should be available now.  

Want more help?  

Contact me at or at 440-988-1656.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

How do I renew an Educational Aide Permit?

An Educational Aide Permit is a requirement of many different positions at Amherst Exempted Village Schools.  All monitors, teacher aides, van drivers and paraprofessionals are required to have a valid permit on file with the Ohio Department of Education.

Some things to remember:

  • All Educational Aide Permits expire on JULY 1st regardless of when the permit was initially issued.
  • Educational Aide Permits are typically valid for one year.  However, a 4 year Permit is available for anyone who has had been issued at least two 1-year Educational Aide Permits in the past. 
  • A 1 year Educational Aide Permit is $25.  A 4 year Educational Aide Permit is $100.
  • Amherst Exempted Village Schools IRN# 045195 should be used for the organization Superintendent's Signature line. Click Search and fill in the IRN number to select the school district.
  • Do NOT use Safari as your browser; Firefox or Chrome browsers are the most compatible with the online application.
  • Veterans with an honorable discharge are eligible for a fee waiver with appropriate documentation.
To RENEW an Educational Aide Permit:
  • Log into your OH|ID account on the ODE website: OH|ID Log in link
  • Click on Educator Licensure and Records (CORE) Icon 
  • Complete the online application from your CORE Dashboard.

Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE


Want more help?  
Contact me at or at 440-988-1656.

Monday, December 31, 2018

How do I locate a copy of my W-2 for 2018?

The Treasurer's department is hard at work and trying to complete all of the 2018 end of the year reporting for employee salaries and taxes. 

W-2 forms will be available to faculty and staff in two forms this year:

  • The traditional paper form will be printed then mailed or distributed by the end of January.
  • An electronic copy is available on the MUNIS Self Service site as well.

To view the electronic version of your 2018 W-2 form:
1.  Log into the MUNIS Self Service Center 
     (use your 5 digit employee number as username.)


3. Click on W-2 to view 2018 information

4. To print or download a copy of the W-2, click on the View W-2 Information link 
     located at the top right hand corner of the page.

Happy New Year!

Have more questions?  Contact me at

Friday, December 28, 2018

How do I change my W-4 exemptions for 2019?

As 2018 comes to an end, many may be surprised by the changes that were put into place with the Tax Reform Bill for 2018.  While many saw an increase in take home pay, most did not review their federal withholding for 2018.

Some of the changes for 2018 included:
  • adjustments to income tax brackets and marginal tax rates
  • increase in the standard deduction for singles and married couples
  • increase in the child tax credit for dependents under 17
Likewise, there will be some changes for 2019.  There will be an adjustment for income tax brackets to account for inflation.  The standard deduction will increase to $12,200 for single filers and to $24,400 for married couples filing joint.  Additionally, the penalty for not having health insurance has been removed.

The IRS offers a Withholding Calculator to help you plan appropriately for 2019:

Changes to your withholding can be made by submitting the 2019 W-4 form to the Treasurer's department:

Or log into your Amherst MUNIS Self Service website to make adjustments:
  • Log into MUNIS Self Service located at MUNIS Self Service  with your username (5 digit employee number) and password.
  • Click on the Pay/Tax Information link
  • Click on W-4
  • Click on Edit W-4 Values (located at the top right hand corner of the page)
  • Make any changes to exemptions, click on continue, then submit.
The Treasurer's department will be notified of any changes made through MUNIS Self Service.  The changes will be acknowledged and typically applied within 5 business days.

Have more questions?  Contact me at

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

How do I find my direct deposit information?

All Amherst employees will have their paycheck directly deposited into a checking account.  All direct deposit and other paycheck information can be located by logging into the Amherst MUNIS Self Service center.

To view paycheck information:

**Chrome is the best browser to use in order to view your direct deposit information.

To find the MUNIS Self Service (ESS):
Go to the Amherst District website:
Hover on STAFF
Click on MUNIS Self Service

This is your 5 digit employee number given to you after being hired

If it is your first time logging into the MUNIS Self Service, you will use the last four digits of your social security number as your password.  

MUNIS Self Service will be require you to create a unique password upon logging in the first time. Password must be a minimum of 5 characters and can be any combination of letters, numbers or symbols.

If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact me at to have your account reset.